More than 25 local businesses have decorated downtown Charleston storefronts for the Charleston Area Alliance's inaugural Holiday Window Decorating Contest, sponsored by WCHS-TV and Tony the Tailor.
With twinkling lights, gigantic candy canes and colorful trees – the holiday window display competition aims to draw the masses to come downtown and shop small during the holiday season.
Starting on Small Business Saturday Nov. 25 and continuing through Dec. 17, you can vote on your favorite dressed up downtown window. The People's Choice winner will receive an advertising package on WCHS-TV.
to vote for your favorite window display.
Participating businesses are comprised of downtown businesses with physical storefronts as well as local companies who have partnered with existing downtown businesses or leasing agents to create a window vignettes in vacant storefronts. Many participants have also teamed up with artists, schools, churches and nonprofits to create a one-of-a-kind display.
Special thanks to the more than two dozen businesses and organizations who have worked hard to inspire onlookers this holiday season, including:
- Art Emporium, 823 Quarrier St.
- Asher Agency, 117 Summers St.
- CB Hall Insurance Agency, 239 Capitol St.
- Children's Theater of Charleston, 817 B Quarrier St.
- City National Bank, 10 Hale St.
- Cooporris18, 817 C Quarrier St.
- Delfine's Jewelry, 245 Capitol St.
- Dressmaker's Closet, 1021 Quarrier St.
- Elite Coal Services, 1031 Quarrier St.
- Ellen's Homemade Ice Cream, 225 Capitol St.
- Food Among the Flowers, 1038 Quarrier St.
- Hendrickson & Long, 214 Capitol St.
- House of Luxe, 817 A Quarrier St.
- Kanawha County Public Library, 123 Capitol St.
- Lord Hoosier, 225 Hale St.
- Oddbird Gift Emporium, 247 Capitol St.
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, 901 Quarrier St.
- Real Estate Central, 5 Summers St.
- The Art Store, 233 Hale St.
- The Charleston Ballet, 111 Hale St.
- The Consignment Company, 221 Capitol St.
- The Lucky Dill, 122 Capitol St.
- Tony the Tailor, 822 Virginia St.
- Tops Off Barbershop Salon & Spa, 229 Hale St.
- Warner Law Offices, 227 Capitol St.