Thrive is a community-based approach to supporting local entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs take the stage to present their crowdfunding pitch campaigns in a fast-paced, interactive and educational environment.
Community members cast votes to support entrepreneurs, with the top vote-getting entrepreneur taking home a cash prize to scale up their operation.
How does it work?
Whether you have a fantastic idea, are looking to expand or are a startup already operating – if you have a business or product that could use financial support, then apply to participate in Thrive.
Where does capital investment come from?
- Entrepreneurs must complete an online application by Friday, Nov. 3. Click here to apply.
- Applications are reviewed by an independent panel of judges who will select finalists to be featured at Thrive.
- Leading up to the event, finalists meet with local business coaches to get tips and suggestions for their respective business plan presentations.
- Finalists pitch business plans to promote their ideas and outline need for capital investment at Thrive.
- Top vote-getting entrepreneur will take home cash prize to scale-up operations.
Community members pay a $25 entry fee to attend Thrive, which gives them the opportunity to vote for an entrepreneur to support for capital investment.
Entry fees are combined with seed capital from our event sponsors including Dow, CAMC, Appalachian Power, Bowles Rice, the University of Charleston, Industrial Bolting, Terrell Ellis & Associates, Vision Shared for the top vote-getter's capital investment. Click here
for more information on Thrive sponsorship.