MATRIC Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center
- NonProfit Community Organizations / Foundations
- Research, Exploration & Development
The Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center serves a global customer base in the chemical, energy, environmental and advanced software sectors. MATRIC's core services include research, development, engineering, process scale-up, and intellectual property assistance.
MATRIC's highly experienced staff average over 25 years in their fields. This includes over 30 Ph.D. level scientists, researchers, and professional engineers.
MATRIC delivers marketing-driven innovation, helping customers maximize return on research investments, supporting innovation from concept to commercialization, using unique laboratory and pilot plant facilities, and flexible intellectual property models.
MATRIC also creates startup companies such as Aither Chemicals, Liberty Hydro, SGA Polymers and PolyPlexx for technology commercialization.
- MATRIC's staff average over 25 years in their fields and are inventors of more than 500 U.S. patents
- MATRIC uses a multi-disciplinary team approach to solve R&D challenges
- Customer BioAmber Inc. won the EPA's 2011 Presidential Green Chemistry Award with technology co-developed by MATRIC
- MATRIC staff have received multiple Kirkpatrick Awards for commercial implementation of chemical technology
- Internationally publicized response modeling system developed by advanced software technologies division for FEMA
MATRIC is located inside the West Virginia Regional Technology Park at Building 740