Good News Mountaineer Garage
- NonProfit Community Organizations / Foundations
Donate a car, change a life! Good News Mountaineer Garage puts people on the road with the generous help of many individuals, businesses and organizations.
The Good News Mountaineer Garage accepts donations of vehicles that are repairable for a reasonable amount of money. These donated cars are then distributed to families with low incomes needing transportation to work.
Donors may be eligible for a tax deduction on their federal income taxes if their car is accepted. Additionally, they may qualify for a direct state tax credit, when available, for a portion of the value of their vehicle.
Good News Mountaineer Garage provide donated cars to low income families across the entire state of West Virginia working through the West Virginia Works program. Since our inception in 2001, we have been able to help over 2,500 West Virginia families get on the road to economic independence.
- Our donated car program has helped put West Virginia families on the road to economic independence.
- Since our inception in 2001, we have help over 2,500 families.
- Donors may be eligible for a tax deduction on itemized federal income taxes if their vehicle is accepted.
- Cars are donated to help West Virginia families, statewide.