Join the Charleston Area Alliance team!
Director of Membership & Investor Development
The Membership & Investor Development Director helps grow the organization through membership development and by securing financial contributions to the Alliance that support economic and community development activities and programming. Membership development includes: the recruitment of new members and the retention of existing members; implementation of affinity programs that deliver value to members; and supporting business development. Investor development includes: securing investments to support economic development activities, and securing sponsorships to support programs and events.
Reports directly to the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Membership Recruitment and Retention
– Increase, promote and maintain membership by building relationships with member and prospective members and helping them see the value in membership.
– Grow membership by meeting or exceeding annual membership retention and sales goals as identified.
– Serve as the point of contact for prospective and existing members regarding membership benefits and provide timely and accurate assistance.
– Develop and implement member recruitment plan; develop and qualify leads qw prospective Alliance members.
– Arrange sales calls and presentations to prospective Alliance members.
– Develop membership materials, including new member packets, and website content to articulate member benefits and promote value proposition.
– Bundle membership, sponsorships and investor contributions into single sales pitches to existing and prospective Alliance members.
– Onboard new members.
– Evaluate and implement affinity programs that provide value to members and generate non-dues income for the Alliance.
– Provide timely and accurate reports on recruitment to Alliance staff and Board of Directors.
– Implement member retention strategy to reduce attrition and ensure retention level is attained.
– Follow up on delinquent member accounts.
– Work with Communication & Events Coordinator to effectively communicate information on member benefits, programs and events to existing and prospective members.
– Track non-renewing members and reason for dropping membership.
– Ensure membership information is accurate and up-to-date.
– Coordinate grand openings, ribbon cuttings and ground breakings for Alliance members.
– Increase private investment in Alliance to support economic and community development activities.
– Build and manage a pipeline of investor prospects; convert prospects to investors.
– Deliver effective presentations to prospects.
– Maintain regular correspondence with prospective and existing investors.
– Secure signed pledge forms.
– Retain investors.
– Track all investor solicitations and follow up as needed.
– Provide reports on investors and track progress on meeting and exceeding annual goal.
– Work with Director of Economic Development and Communications & Events Coordinator to develop effective communications tools to share successes with existing and prospective investors.
– Increase non-dues income by securing sponsors for Alliance programs and events.
– Evaluate existing program sponsorships and develop new levels and benefit packages.
– Coordinate with Alliance program/event staff to develop sponsorship menu to provide members with options to use for budgeting purposes.
– Develop pipeline of prospective sponsors.
– Bundle with memberships and investor contributions for sales pitches.
– Track all sponsor requests and follow up as needed.
– Provide reports to Alliance staff and Board on sponsor solicitations and progress of meeting goals.
– Secure signed sponsor contracts.
– Ensure fulfillment of benefits for sponsors; coordinate with program/event staff to ensure staff are aware of sponsors and benefits to be provided.
– Send thank you notes to sponsors at conclusion of program or event.
– Meet or exceed annual sponsorship goals.
– Assist President and CFO with developing the annual membership and investment budget.
– Ensure complete and thorough documentation of all customer interactions and membership processes.
– Establish rapport with Alliance team members and be familiar with all products, services, projects and programs of the Alliance.
– Attend Alliance & Chamber events and provide support as needed.
– Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Applicants must have all of the following qualifications in order to be considered for the position:
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– 2-3 years demonstrated excellence in sales
– Superior oral and written communication skills for interacting with C-level individuals and elected officials
– Strong presentation skills
– Experience working with volunteers, organizational stakeholders (members, board of directors, community leaders) and/or trade/association/membership organization is a plus
– Advanced computer knowledge and skills, particularly in word, excel, power point, outlook, CRM database and virtual meeting platforms
– Strong math skills
– Planning, organizing, prioritizing
– Problem assessment and solving
– Information gathering and monitoring
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– High level of confidentiality
– Customer/member service orientation
Physical Demands and Time Requirements:
– Applicants should be aware of the following demands of this position:
– Must be able to work for extended periods of time, including evenings and weekends.
– Position may require travel out of the region.
– Must possess a current driver’s license.
Pay & Benefits:
– Base Salary of $35,000 + commissions & bonuses (Pay range $35,000-$55,000+)
– Benefits (health, life, vision, dental, retirement, LTD, STD, HRA)
– Vacation, sick days, holidays
– Training and professional development
Please submit cover letter, resume and references by February 28, 2023 via email to Vita Alkire, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.