The Charleston Area Alliance team is dedicated to the growth and success of businesses in the Charleston area. Whether you’re currently working at home as a start-up or a large corporation, the Alliance team stands ready to provide business assistance to you and your employees. Check out business resources below, or contact a Charleston Area Alliance staff member today.
The Charleston Area Alliance works with a variety of organizations that can assist your business, and, while we’ve list many here, we can’t fit them all on this webpage. We encourage your business to take a look at our member directory and partners when looking for resources for your business.
Startups and New Businesses
- Take the West Virginia Small Business Development Center’s Business Fundamentals Workshop
- Need space? Check out the Charleston Area Alliance’s Small Business Incubator
- Within Charleston’s city limits? Use Charleston’s New Business Checklist to get started!
- Register your business with West Virginia Secretary of State’s Office
- Join Advantage Valley’s Faster WV Program
- Learn more about funding opportunities through the WV SBDC’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Investment Fund
- Explore the Robert C. Byrd Institute’s early stage funding.
- Access the Charleston Area Alliance’s COVID-19 Response Page for COVID-19 related resources
- Find funding sources
- Access workforce training through West Virginia’s Governor’s Guaranteed Workforce Program
- Explore workforce training through RCBI.
- Need assistance with a milestone event like a ribbon-cutting at a new location or anniversary event? Contact the Charleston Area Alliance for assistance and promotion.
- Schedule a call or meeting with the Charleston Area Alliance’s New Markets Consultant, Victoria Russo, to discuss resources for your business.
Minority and Women-Owned Business Program
The Charleston Area Alliance’s minority and women-owned program takes a hands-on approach to assist businesses and entrepreneurs by making direct connections between them and available assistance and funding sources. Additionally, the program provides resources to current Alliance and community members committed to creating more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace environments.
The program is made possible by a grant from Verizon.
Connect with an Alliance Team Member!
The Charleston Area Alliance won’t just welcome your business, we’ll make it better. We provide services like site location, entrepreneurial and workforce training development, as well as connections to the right people and resources to ensure your success. Schedule a meeting today!