CHARLESTON AREA ALLIANCE ANNOUNCES 2023-24 LEADERSHIP CLASSMonday, October 9, 2023
Regional Leadership Program Welcomes 27 Participants
Charleston, West Virginia – The Charleston Area Alliance is excited to announce the participants of the Leadership Kanawha Valley Class of 2023-24. Program participants include 27 professionals from around the Kanawha Valley. Throughout the eight-month program, the class will meet monthly to hear from guest speakers, attend exclusive tours throughout the region, and discuss community challenges and initiatives.
For two decades, the Alliance has offered this highly sought-after professional development opportunity and more than 400 individuals have joined the Leadership Kanawha Valley alumni network. Through community immersion and interactions with diverse leaders, Leadership Kanawha Valley cultivates leaders and ignites the advancement of the region.
“The alumni of this program are an inspiring assemblage,” said Nicole Christian, President & CEO of the Charleston Area Alliance. “By exposing these individuals to key organizations, critical elements and infrastructure, and stakeholders and decision-makers in our community, we are developing an engaged group of trustees to help guide the region into the future. The Alliance is proud to host such an impactful program that stimulates the people of our community.”
The following individuals are participating in the 2023-24 program:
- Andrew Bogan WVU Medicine Thomas Hospital
- Mackenzie Brown Charleston Dirty Birds
- Amanda Cheuvront The Thrasher Group Inc.
- Jacob Daley Charleston Sanitary Board
- Ashlee Downs City National Bank
- Kenzie Dye Executive Ink, LLC
- Isaac Fadiga The Thrasher Group, LLC
- Tyler Ferrell Regional Intergovernmental Council
- Leighann Hannas WVU Medicine Thomas Hospitals
- Bradley Harris West Virginia American Water
- Morgan Hart WVU Medicine Thomas Hospitals
- Whitney Humphrey West Virginia Housing Development Fund
- Sunny Kalwar Charleston Marriot Hotel
- Alex Mahaffey Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc.
- Elena Moffatt Go Title PLLC
- Kevin Moffatt Go Title PLLC
- Ryan Mullins Morgan Stanley
- Erin Noon Charleston Area Alliance
- Deanna Sanner United Talent
- Chelsea Shamblin Security America, Inc.
- Bethany Simmons Optimum
- Susan Slappe Kureha PGA, LLC
- Melissa Smith Kanawha County Commission
- Caleb Stanley Dunbar Eye Associates
- Chris Wallace Vandalia Digital
- Chris Welty University of Charleston
- Paige Withrow West Virginia International Yeager Airport
“We continue to be impressed with the commitment that our Leadership Kanawha Valley classes show to their community and to their own growth,” said Susie Salisbury, VP of Community Development for the Alliance. “We’re grateful to these leaders and their employers for being a part of this program.”
Leadership Kanawha Valley has exposed emerging and existing community leaders to the issues that face our region while challenging and engaging participants to strengthen the community through service and leadership. The Charleston Area Alliance would like to thank WVU Medicine Thomas Hospitals for their continued support of Leadership Kanawha Valley. For questions about the Leadership program, please contact Susie Salisbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Charleston Area Alliance is a multi-faceted economic, business and community development organization as well as the largest regional Chamber of Commerce in West Virginia. The Alliance attracts and retains innovative industries and workforce, revitalizes urban spaces and improves Charleston, West Virginia and the Kanawha Valley through a unified mission and strategic goals. Learn more about Alliance programs and events at www.charlestonareaalliance.org.